Fueling the Hudson Valley
Advocating for heating oil, Bioheat® Fuel and a diversified energy industry
Established in 1959, the Hudson Valley Oil & Energy Council (HVOEC) is a nonprofit organization comprised of Hudson Valley–based home comfort businesses and their associates, including transportation companies, insurance brokerages, marketing agencies and many more.
Our organization represents the interests of businesses and their customers in Putnam, Sullivan, Ulster, Orange, Dutchess and Rockland counties.
Our mission includes:
- educating the public about energy issues and informing consumers about the services our members provide
- providing assistance to home comfort companies through research, networking and information sharing
- sponsoring training programs for service technicians so they can hone their skills, gain knowledge about the latest service methods and equipment technologies and earn certifications
- Residential consumption of heating oil in the Hudson Valley region has dropped by hundreds of gallons annually over the past few decades, thanks to industry efforts to install more high-efficiency oilheat equipment, as well as more recent efforts to support the growth of Bioheat® Fuel.
- Retail oilheat dealers play an important role in helping low-income homeowners receive assistance under LIHEAP, the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
- Many heating oil customers in the Hudson Valley receive an ultra-low-sulfur heating oil blended with Bioheat® Fuel to create Bioheat® Fuel. The transition to this highly refined fuel has resulted in significantly lower emissions, greater heating efficiency and lower maintenance costs.
We encourage you to explore the rest of this website and learn how you can conserve energy, save money and get the most out of your oil-heated home. The more you know about oilheat, the happier you’ll feel.
Go here to find full-service heating oil companies in your area.